The Australian Space Agency is asking the local space industry for information on intended or desired near-term space missions, including to the Moon and beyond.
The consultation process is particularly interested in finding out more about missions that:
- involve research and development
- develop enabling technologies for space exploration
- promote the potential for commercial and/or technology transfer
We will also use the consultation process to create a database of Australian payloads. We can draw on this data when designing existing and future program opportunities that help grow Australia’s space industry.
Respond to the Consultation on Space Industry Missions via our Consultation Hub
The Agency’s existing programs include the:
- $150 million Moon to Mars initiative which aims to enable Australian businesses and researchers to join NASA’s inspirational plan to return to the Moon and travel to Mars
- $19.5 million Space Infrastructure Fund which aims to increase capability and fill gaps in Australia’s space infrastructure
- $15 million International Space Investment initiative which aims to expand the capability and capacity of our space sector
Access to space is one of the priority areas in the Australian Civil Space Strategy. There are emerging opportunities for Australia to leverage international space missions and commercial launch activities from Australian territory to support industry growth. Protecting national safety and meeting our international and national obligations will be critical before domestic launch can occur.
Read more about the Australian Space Agency and how it supports industry growth
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @AusSpaceAgency
- Follow us on Facebook @australianspaceagency
- Australian Space Agency on LinkedIn
- Australian Space Agency YouTube channel
- Subscribe to email updates for the latest news
- Buy Australian Space Agency merchandise from Questacon