Space activities and approvals
For those applicants who intend to conduct space activities, please refer the below list to learn more, and apply, for the appropriate authorisations.
- A launch facility licence
- An Australian launch permit
- An overseas payload permit
- An Australian high power rocket permit
- One of two return authorisations
The Space (Launches and Returns) Act 2018 regulates certain space activities in Australia or by Australian nationals overseas. All relevant approvals must be sought before any space activity is conducted in Australia.
Other possible approvals needed
In addition to above list of permits, licences and authorisations, applicants may require additional approvals.
Depending on your activity you may also be subject to regulation by other agencies. Some examples include:
- Radiocommunications licensing, for communicating with satellites.
- Air traffic regulations.
- Maritime rules and regulations.
- Commonwealth, State and Territory bodies, such as environmental agencies.
This list is not exhaustive.
If you’re planning any of the activities above, early engagement will help us provide you with the information you need and answer any questions specific to your activity. You can contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com.